On the other hand, I don't like moving... it breaks my heart to leave so many wonderful people every couple years. I don't really find myself hesitant to develop deep friendships wherever we are, but I usually live in denial of the fact that we will soon be leaving and thus will be leaving friends behind. Austin was another one of those experiences. We met so many precious friends in the two years we were there that we were able to enjoy living life with. So many moms were (and continue to be) such an encouragement to me. That season of life was such a blessing. Our church home there... I don't even know what to say. We will miss Bannockburn so much. We will be back one day! All that to say, as sad as we were to leave Austin, we love it here at West Point. I've been here once before for Tim's graduation back in 2006, but that trip was somewhat of a blur. I was way too busy swooning over this handsome guy who I accompanied on the trip to pay attention to much else. But.. it is beautiful here! I've been asked to post some pics, so here are a few that we took when we went on a walk. This is literally what we see when we go for a walk! Ah.... it's so beautiful! So, come visit! We have plenty of room!
Our home
The Hudson River
That's the Cadet Chapel up on the hill
Caleb's favorite place: Battle Monument
The boys have disrupted many a tourist running circles around this monument. :)
The boys LOVE the cannons
West Point
Checking out the boat on the Hudson River
We didn't realize how difficult it was to get a house on post until we got here. We're so thankful that we were able to move in right away and get settled. The boys LOVE it here. We have a playground right across the street from our house and our church (The Post Chapel) is a few blocks away. The boys really enjoy getting to walk to big church each Sunday. We have already met so many wonderful families with kids the same ages. We are so blessed and have been given more than we could have ever asked for or imagined. Thank you, Lord!
So... come visit us!
Miss you friend! It is gorgeous there and I'm so glad y'all are settling in!
ReplyDeleteSo excited to follow the journey of your sweet family! Good to "hear" from you!!
ReplyDelete