Sunday, July 15, 2012

Eli's Birthday Celebration

Yesterday was my sweet little boy's 2nd birthday.  In some ways I can't believe that he is only 2... I feel like he's been around forever, yet at the same time, he's still so small.  Either way, I can't imagine life without him.  He is the sweetest, most tenderhearted little boy I've ever been around.  He has the biggest brownest eyes and an intense love for "puppy" and trains.  Elijah is a little peanut, but his vocabulary is advanced and it often surprises people what comes out of his mouth.  One of my favorites lately is when I tell him to do something, he responds with "Otay, monny."  He is such an obedient little guy.  If something is wrong or I ask him if he's okay, he says, "yeah, I fine... are you otay monny?"  He sings his ABC's, loves giving kisses and his new favorite game is hide and seek.  This pretty much consists of him putting his hands over his eyes and counting to ten... if he can make it that far before he takes off running around the house looking for Caleb and I, laughing hysterically as he goes.  When it's his turn to hide, he just runs around the house laughing and jumping from hiding spot to hiding spot.  It's hilarious.   Elijah absolutely adores his big brother and copies everything that Caleb does.  He is also so sweet and helpful with his baby sister, bringing her toys and picking up her sippy cup when she drops it.  He even says his prayers all by himself at every meal now.  So sweet.  Caleb absolutely loves singing songs and we usually listen to worship songs in the car on my iPod... Elijah has picked up on this as well and they often can be heard singing together in the back of the car.  They sing the wrong words completely off key, but it is beautiful music to my ears.  Elijah is a precious gift from the Lord (as are all of our children) and today we had a wonderful time celebrating him.

When everyone woke up, we went downstairs together and surprised Elijah with his birthday present from John David and I.  We scored this Thomas Lego Duplo set on Craigslist for a great price and both boys were super excited.  You can see in the video which of our boys is more animated. :)


Then we had a yummy birthday breakfast... whole wheat banana pancakes with sprinkles mixed in, blueberries, strawberries and sausage.

After Anna Grace's morning nap we headed to a little pond that is just a mile from our house.  The kids had a blast!  The boys LOVE going to the "beach."  Some of our friends happened to be there, too so the kids played really hard for a couple hours before we headed home for naps.  Everyone was exhausted and took a nice long nap before the real fun began. :)



Elijah's birthday party was yesterday evening... we ate, cooked out, ate, played and ate some more.  The kids had a wonderful time and John David and I enjoyed a fun evening with friends.
Side note: One of the best things that I love about the Army... you can live somewhere for two months and still manage to have over 20 people show up to celebrate your child's birthday.  What a blessing.  None of the families who came knew one another prior to the party... they were just friends we've met since we moved here either in our neighborhood, at church, at JD's work, etc and have gotten to know.  They each have kids around the same age and most have recently moved here themselves.  All of them, having known our sweet Elijah for less than two months (some only for one week!), came over on a Saturday evening and celebrated our sweet boy with us.  We're all in the same boat, we don't have family nearby, each year either we move or our friends move, we're just living life where we are... together.  I'm so thankful.  Once again, the Lord amazes me with His faithfulness.  Elijah had such a fun birthday and I'm thankful to everyone who celebrated it with us.  I'm so thankful for our sweet little boy, so blessed to be his "monny", and hopeful for what the future holds for this little guy.  He is continuing to grow into such a precious, sweet little boy.  We love you, Elijah James!

Here is a pic from his party...

And the after party :)... thank you so much to our family who sent gifts and cards for Eli.  He was overjoyed with his goodies!  We didn't do gifts at the party, and this is why!  We have such generous parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters who shower our children with lots of love. :)  Thank you all for making him feel special.




No comments:

Post a Comment